DISASTER RECOVERY | Friday, September 30 | In person | 9:30-11:30 am | Facilitated by Humanitarian Assistance Technical Support
Description: In this presentation and discussion session, University of Arizona faculty and students will share recent and ongoing research on disaster recovery. Topics concern identifying and measuring the determinants of recovery and/or measuring resilience, vulnerability, adaptation, loss, damage, etc., in post-disaster contexts.
This knowledge exchange event is designed to highlight key issues and topics at the forefront of research in post-disaster recovery. Our goal is to share ideas and experiences about disaster recovery work and identify some of the commonalities of issues on disaster recovery across different academic disciplines.
- Dr. Laura Bakkensen, Associate Professor School of Government and Public Policy
- Hannah Friedrich, PhD Student, School of Geography, Development, and Environment
- Lucas Belury, PhD Student, School of Geography, Development, and Environment
- Felix Ampadu, PhD Candidate, School of Anthropology
- Dr. Tim Finan, Professor, School of Anthropology
Discussant: Dr. Beth Tellman, Assistant Professor, School of Geography, Development, and Environment
Moderator: Dr. Corrie Hannah, Research Scientist, Arizona Institute for Resilient Environments and Societies